The Great Gatsby themes are enormous. You can explore a whole variety of engaging, controversial and compelling subjects when working on The Great Gatsby paper. Still, it may sometimes be difficult to choose just one — especially when the professor leaves this uneasy choice entirely up to you. The good news is that you get a chance to write about something you feel really strong about, which will reflect positively on your work. So, let’s take a quick look at some of the The Great Gatsby essay prompts you might find impressive.
High school essay topics for The Great Gatsby
Even though it is not quite common to write The Great Gatsby essay in high school, some specialized literature classes may assign you a couple of relatively simple topics that do not dig into too much detail. For example:
- Describe the representation of money and its influence in the book
- Compare and contrast the main female characters in the book
- Compare and contrast the main male characters in the book
- What is the most favorable character in The Great Gatsby?
- What is the least favorable character in The Great Gatsby?
- How does Nick Carraway, the narrator, go through any changes in the course of the novel?
- Analyze the relationship between Nick Carraway and Gatsby
- Choose a morally ambiguous character and analyze it
- Can the ending be considered expectable? Just?
- The concept of disillusionment in The Great Gatsby
- The concept of broken hopes in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- What part does Nick really play in the story?
- The representation of the rich in the novel
- The representation of the poor in the novel
- The role of the invisible middle class in The Great Gatsby
- The concept of social injustice in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- Happiness in the book: can any of the characters be considered happy?
- Who is the loneliest character in The Great Gatsby? Prove your point.
- How does the author describe the concept of isolation?
- Is Nick a part of the rich society? Poor people? Middle class? Justify your choice.
Any deadline. Any Subject.
Regardless of the turnaround time or field of study, you can be sure we have qualified personnel to handle the assignment for you. Our writers are knowledgeable in virtually all subject areas and will process your assignment as fast as possible to beat the deadlines.
We have an exceptional team of proficient writers with a vast experience in writing quality academic essays. Therefore, we will deliver academic essays of amazing quality not available anywhere else. You can bet on that!
You will not find competent and certified essay writers like the ones on our spectacular team. We are your best bet for having a professionally written essay that will get you the best grades in no time. Let us process your essay and you will see only amazing results with us.
With us, originality and uniqueness are paramount factors to success. We can never compromise on that. Be sure that your essay will be 100% original with zero plagiarism. You can bet that we double check our essays so you know you will receive original work every time.
We have many competent and certified writers available to process your essay and you can chat with them online to find the best one to work with. At any time during the day or night, just say “write my essay” and they will start working for you.
We have many certified writers who are ready to happily process your essay even with a 4-hour deadline. Our team of writing experts is available on call and can churn out an outstanding essay for you on short notice without compromising on quality.
Our essay writing service is tailored to fit your budget. Even with the affordable prices we have on offer, we’ve ensured that the quality of work we deliver will exceed your expectations. We have only affordable prices for you, and we offer a quality service.
Argumentative essay topics for The Great Gatsby
There are plenty of good essay topics in this category — after all, every literary work leaves a lot of space for imagination and potential argument. Fitzgerald’s novel can be analyzed from a variety of different perspectives, which makes it a perfect fit for an argumentative paper. Here are some of the most impressive argumentative essay topics for The Great Gatsby:
- Is Fitzgerald really criticising the notion of the American Dream?
- The real meaning of ‘great’ in the title of the novel
- Who is the real hero in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby?
- What does the storyline really tell us about American identity?
- Can Gatsby be considered a romantic hero? A villain?
- Can the novel be considered a satirical representation of the society?
- What is the significance of the Jazz Epoch setting in the novel?
- Can Gatsby’s feelings for Daisy be considered love?
- Does love play any part in The Great Gatsby?
- Jimmy Gatz Vs. Jay Gatsby: who is the real character in the novel?
- What does Gatsby really live for: the past or the present?
- Are the rich in the novel really so careless as everyone believes them to be?
- Does carelessness stand for dissatisfaction in the novel?
- Can we really blame anyone for Gatsby’s death?
- Are there any moral characters in The Great Gatsby?
- Fidelity and infidelity in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- What part does sex play in the narration? Love? Affection?
- Can Daisy and Jordan be considered a perfect role model for the American upper class?
The Great Gatsby literary analysis essay topics
These are one of the most complicated examples for the college level. You might have to write one of those if you are an English or a literature major. However, some of your professors might assign literary analysis paper even in one of the minor classes so you might want to get ready for what’s coming. Here are some of the most creative The Great Gatsby literary analysis essay topics you might have to write about:
- Discuss female characters and their significance in the novel.
- Analyze the way Fitzgerald uses imagery to convey his ideas.
- What is the metaphorical meaning of color in the novel?
- How does the author use geographical setting to create the contrast between rich and poor?
- Modernism in The Great Gatsby
- The symbolic meaning of Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- Analyze how the author conveys a notion of the American Dream through symbols and metaphors
- The green light in Daisy’s window: what does it represent?
- What part does alcohol play in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby?
- The metaphorical meaning of the Valley of Ashes
- How does the author manage to align the storyline and the symbolism used in the narration?
- What is the meaning of time in the novel?
- What is the hidden meaning of the novel’s title?
- The role a New York setting plays in the storyline
- How do secondary characters add up to the storyline?
- What are the central themes in The Great Gatsby?
- Critical comparison of the movie and the novel
- What role does the money play in Fitzgerald’s novel?
- A voice full of money: what other traits does the author convey in Daisy’s character?
The Great Gatsby essay prompts
Essay prompts for The Great Gatsby are usually more subjective, since your time to complete them is quite limited. And, given that you will be writing them in the classroom, you will not have to include any direct quotes — neither from the original nor from secondary sources. So, it’s ok to get a bit personal here and convey your point of view. Here are just some of the The Great Gatsby essay topics you might have to write as a part of your English exam:
- Come up with an alternative ending for the novel and justify your choice
- Do you agree with Fitzgerald’s representation of the society? Would you prefer to live in the Jazz era? Why? Why not?
- Image Nick’s future life. Will he become more cynical? Less cynical? Why?
- Describe the relationships between sexes in the novel. How do men and women of different class treat each other?
- Analyze the concept of lies in the novel. Why do the characters deceive each other?
- Do you believe a relationship between Gatsby and Daisy to be love? Why? Why not?
- Compare and contrast Nick and Gatsby
- Can Nick Carraway be considered an impartial narrator?
- Does the author connect the concepts of wealth and education? Prove your point.
- Analyze the relationship between people who are born rich and people who became rich in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- Education Vs. Experience in The Great Gatsby. How does Fitzgerald contrast the two?
- Is there any place for forgiveness and compassion in Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby?
- What effect does the opening (Nick father’s advice) have on the plot line?
All of those are fantastic essay topics for The Great Gatsby, and you can choose and analyze whichever you want. If however, you feel that the task is a bit too much for, there is no shame in contacting the professionals. Here, at ChiefEssays, we will gladly take any academic writing assignment off your hands and ensure you get the highest grade you deserve so much.