Having the ability to give compelling and persuasive speeches seems like a natural gift. But is there truth in it? To some extent, there is. Some individuals can boast having an innate ability to persuade other people. In most cases, these people just speak from their hearts, and people listen. But it doesn’t mean that without the correct knowledge and practice, they can lead a multitude of followers or push their ideas before a board of directors. Not only is a persuasive speech about passion, but one has to also know how to do it right. The first stage of the outline for persuasive speech is to state the major idea and communicate it step by step.
If you’ve ever attempted to search for information on how to write a persuasive speech outline or even a persuasive speech outline example, you might have stumbled upon the renowned website of Purdue University. Alan H. Monroe, a professor at this university, states that it is sensible to utilize the basics of psychology to come up with an excellent persuasive speech.
Based on Professor Monroe’s Motivated Sequence Outline template, this article will introduce you to the basics of coming up with an ideal outline for persuasive speech that will, in turn, produce a convincing persuasive speech.
Any deadline. Any Subject.
Regardless of the turnaround time or field of study, you can be sure we have qualified personnel to handle the assignment for you. Our writers are knowledgeable in virtually all subject areas and will process your assignment as fast as possible to beat the deadlines.
We have an exceptional team of proficient writers with a vast experience in writing quality academic essays. Therefore, we will deliver academic essays of amazing quality not available anywhere else. You can bet on that!
You will not find competent and certified essay writers like the ones on our spectacular team. We are your best bet for having a professionally written essay that will get you the best grades in no time. Let us process your essay and you will see only amazing results with us.
With us, originality and uniqueness are paramount factors to success. We can never compromise on that. Be sure that your essay will be 100% original with zero plagiarism. You can bet that we double check our essays so you know you will receive original work every time.
We have many competent and certified writers available to process your essay and you can chat with them online to find the best one to work with. At any time during the day or night, just say “write my essay” and they will start working for you.
We have many certified writers who are ready to happily process your essay even with a 4-hour deadline. Our team of writing experts is available on call and can churn out an outstanding essay for you on short notice without compromising on quality.
Our essay writing service is tailored to fit your budget. Even with the affordable prices we have on offer, we’ve ensured that the quality of work we deliver will exceed your expectations. We have only affordable prices for you, and we offer a quality service.
Step 1 of the Persuasive Speech Outline Spark the Interest
It is important that you don’t overwhelm your audience by making them guess what exactly your point is. Your mission is to make sure that the speech you’re going to give is worth their attention from the start.
The speech’s introduction must be spectacular to pique the audience’s interest straight away. Moreover, it has to have a powerful opening passage and a summary of what you are going to talk about. There exist several different options for beginning a successful persuasive speech. You can incorporate some astonishing statements, a rhetorical question, a visual aid, or even crack a joke if your topic allows. Your primary objective at this juncture is to make your audience fascinated. For example, you can astound your audience by stating the following:
- Pumpkin seeds can help you to get smarter.
Moreover, you can tell a story about your life. For instance:
- Did you know that one cup of coffee could transform a person’s life? I never believed that until I entered a cafe a few months ago. I came across a kitten under my table and came to a conclusion that this one ought to live with people who would take good care of it. I wanted to look for a person who would provide shelter for this kitten. However, after spending several hours with the kitten, I understood that it is capable of finding a master on its own. Surprisingly, that master ended up being me.
In addition, you can also ask your listeners a question:
- Have you ever taken a course on emergency first aid?
The examples given above should lead to your point but don’t have to concern your topic. You can opt to go the other way and stick to your topic from the very start. For example, if you’re going to talk about the impact of sugar on our bodies, you can begin your speech like this:
- One might think that he or she can keep out sugar by not eating sweets. If you also subscribe to that school of thought, then I’m afraid you’re mistaken, as sugar can be found in products that no one considers to be sweet, for example, bread and sauces.
In this segment of a persuasive speech outline, you are supposed to demonstrate that your words are worth more than your listeners’ attention they are worthy to be trusted. The introduction ought to touch your audience’s feelings. This is the first step towards making your speech sound reliable.
An introduction should not:
- Use humor that might alienate or offend your audience.
Step 2 of the Outline for Persuasive Speech Reveal the Problem
After having gotten to the point, the next step is to reveal it in a particular manner. A persuasive speech can be regarded as a call for action. The action is to be predetermined by a specific issue that is to be resolved. This means that you have to convince your audience that there’s something that requires their reaction. It can be done in several ways:
- Demonstrate the issue using clear examples. The main objective is to come up with an image of the issue under consideration.
- Provide a detailed explanation of what could happen if your listeners ignore the problem and why it concerns them.
- Say exactly what needs to be reacted to.
- Utilize the specific data to demonstrate the problem. It can be anything specific, for example, statistics or even testimonies.
- Sugar consumption is dangerous for our health. However, leaving it out of our diet is almost (if not) impossible. Several decades ago, the maximum amount of sugar to be consumed by various groups of people was divulged. Lobbying the sugar industry still influences the sources of information concerning it; that’s the reason why the institutions concerned are rather ambiguous about it. That is why keeping tabs on your diet is up to you, which makes you completely responsible for your health.
This section should not:
- Give any hints of how the problem could be solved (if you want to come up with a successful speech). Your listeners should be more intrigued than before, thus do not put all your cards on the table until the final stage. In the end, your audience will see you as a leader or a problem solver.
Step 3 Solve the Problem
This is arguably the crucial stage of your speech. It is where you provide a solution. It ought to be clear how your listeners can apply it. There is no need for you to create images anymore. Tell your audience exactly what to do. You need to assure them that this is going to make a difference.
- This is the point where you begin to give direct instructions.
- Illustrate that the solution you provide will have an effect.
- Be prepared to prove your point. Create the feeling that you are completely right. Strive to predict any counter-argument that could compromise your point.
- Demonstrate what the effect of their action will be.
A good example can be:
- It only takes you around 3 to 4 weeks to form a habit. Keeping a healthy diet is a habit that you need to implement.
This section should not:
- Be vague Some words have multiple meanings and are not ideal for persuasive speeches.
Step 4 of the Outline for Persuasive Speech Provide the Perspective
You are now supposed to illustrate the difference that’s to be made by your solution. Portray what your audiences’ lives will be like if they pay attention to you. Moreover, you may decide to tell them what will happen if they don’t. That’s how we will arrive at a positive and negative perspective.
- Prove your point by showing the contrast between the future of those who pay attention to you and those who do not. Concentrate on the need for the prompt action.
- Illustrate what the negative consequences of the lack of action are. Do not leave any room for doubt. Explain to them that if they do not do what you told them, the consequences will be dire.
- Explain the positive effects of their action. Strive to persuade your listeners that the future will be brighter if they pay attention to you.
- Let your listeners know how they will feel if they reduce sugar intake and what they will gain from it in all aspects of life.
On the other hand, if you want to portray the negative consequences, you can give clear examples of illnesses caused by sugar, and ask them if this is the future they want.
This stage should not:
- Ignore mentioning the need for quick action. When giving the speech, don’t forget to focus on this.
Step 5 of the Persuasive Speech Outline Template Call for Action
In this final step, your words should communicate urgency, that is, inform your audience that there’s no time to dilly-dally and it’s now when they must take action. An example of the appeal for action can be as follows:
- Don’t allow corporations to ruin your health and life in general. Take responsibility for your life and your future. Take a 3-week no sugar challenge. Feel free to ask any questions, and we will give you the information you require.
A good conclusion should not:
- Open new areas of discussion.
- Utilize the bandwagon persuasion technique, for instance, by mentioning that ‘everyone else is doing it.’
There you have it. Make use of the persuasive speech outline template above to create an excellent persuasive speech. You can also get more persuasive speech outline examples online.