110 REFLECTIVE ESSAY TOPICS
Are you looking for a chance to showcase your writing creativity? If your answer is yes, then you should try writing reflective essays
. Here, you’ll need to describe an event, experience or even conversation that’s of significance to you. Then explain that moment in time or talk about what you learned.
So, to guide you through the entire process, here is a list of interesting reflective essay topics. But first, follow these writing tips:
- Go through the list of essay ideas and choose the one that triggers a clear memory.
- Describe the experience in a way that makes your reader feel as if he or she was there.
- Your thesis statement is the meaning of that event.
- Always have a conclusion and mention how the event changed your life.
GOOD REFLECTIVE ESSAY TOPICS ON RELATIONSHIPS
Relationships help us express our strongest feelings, making the following topics for reflective essay quite easy to write. Moreover, writing such papers will help you understand and at times resolve your feelings. They include:
- The Night I Lost My Temper With My Fiancé
- When Were You Discouraged Or Disappointed By Something You Said?
- When Your Parents Told You That They Were Proud
- When Did You Know You Were In Love?
- A Meeting With A New Or Lost Family Member!
- The Birth Or Adoption Of A New Child
- A Time When You Felt So Embarrassed
- What’s The Toughest Challenge Of Being In A Marriage?
- Why Do We Usually Desire Other People’s Property
- Have Your Parents Ever Punished You Unfairly?
- Have You Ever Lied In Your Marriage?
- The Day I Confronted My Boss And Didn’t Get Fired!
- Did Your Parents Ever Punish You Unfairly?
- A Time Of Sorrow When Some Special Comforted You
- What Do You Remember From Your Childhood Friends?
- Between Your Sister And Brother, Who’s Always There For You?
- Have You Ever Helped Someone In Need?
- An Unforgettable Family Reunion
- The Best Summer Vacation You’ve Ever Had
- The Time When You Had A Long Laugh
- Has Someone Ever Made You Scared?
- Best Places To Propose To Your Future Wife
- A House Party That Didn’t Go As Planned
- A Weekend Without Parental Supervision
- What Is The Best Gift Your Parents Ever Gave To You?
REFLECTIVE ESSAY TOPICS EXAMPLES ON NATURE AND THE OUTDOORS
There are a lot of moments in nature which give us deeper and more meaningful experiences. It can be a memory or just allowing your imagination to take you to a place you’ve previously seen in pictures or dreamt about. If you’re still not sure about what you want to write about, here are some good reflective essay topics:
- Looking At The Sunset
- Sitting On A Hill And Looking At The Ground Beneath You
- Watching The Great Eagle Flying High In The Sky
- Smelling A Rare Flower
- Picking Some Wild Berries
- Walking In The Woods
- The Day You Went Mountain Climbing
- Playing Volleyball At The Beach
- Swimming In The Lake
- Boat Riding In A Large River
- Skiing Down A Steep Hill As The Wind Brushes Your Face
- Running In The Jungle
- A Time When You Went Hiking
- Playing In The Mud As A Kid
- Kissing In The Rain
- Walking Past Dunes
- Hiking In The Sahara Desert
- Backpacking In Mount Everest
- Rock Climbing
- Running And Hunting Game
- Walking Past A Historic Battlefield
- Watching Birds As They Build A Nest
- Seeing A Spider, Snake Or Insect
- Enjoying The Sight Of Animals At The Zoo
- Did You Enjoy Playing In The Rain As A Child?
TOPICS FOR REFLECTIVE ESSAY CONNECTING YOU TO ESSENTIAL PLACES
These reflective essay topics examples should evoke strong memories and emotions. For instance, you could talk about a day at your favorite cafe or coffee shop. Other examples include:
- What Did You Love About Your Childhood Bedroom?
- Fun Times And Memories About Your Hometown
- The College You Attended And What You Learned
- Where Do You Love Hanging Out With Your Friends?
- Which Is Your Favorite Lunch Spot
- A Visit To The Mall Or Your Best Retail Store
- Moments Spent With Your Grandparents
- The Place You Work Or Previously Worked
- Your Preferred Bookstore
- Watching ‘The Black Panther’ At The Cinema
- The Day You Took Your Kids To The Amusement Park
- Playing Football At The Training Complex
- A Visit To Madison Square Garden
- Ice Skating Rink Or Skating
- The Place Where You Proposed To Your Wife
- Your Favorite Vacation Spot
- Which Restaurant Do You Feel Holds Precious Memories
- As A Mechanic, Do You Love Working In The Office Or The Garage?
- Playing Basketball With Friends At The Community Playground
- Which Were The Most Dangerous Places To Visit As A Kid?
- What Is Your Best Online Space
- Your First Day At The Circus
- Which Is The Most Beautiful Place To Have A Wedding
- Where Did You Have Your First Date?
- Fun Childhood Vacation Spots That You Remember
REFLECTIVE ESSAY TOPICS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
Reflective essays are some of the most crucial academic projects that you’ll come across in college. While some professors might tell you what to talk about, others will leave it to your imagination. That’s why we’ve put together the following topics for reflective essay to give you a head start over your colleagues in school.
- Have You Ever Flunked Your Exams?
- Is It Better To Keep A Pet Or A Friend During College?
- The Impact Of Social Media On A Student’s Behavior
- How To Avoid Chores And Not Get Noticed
- Do You Think School Is Just A Waste Of Time?
- Have You Ever Failed Terribly In Your Exams?
- Can You Excel In College Even Without Studying?
- What Is Your Favorite Subject In School?
- Which Challenges Did You Face As A First-Year College Student?
- Reasons Why You Should Try To Connect With Your Guardians On Social Media
- Your Least Favorite Course
- What Do You Hate Most About Your Professors?
- Importance Of Social Media In The Life Of A Student
- Is Dropping Out Of School A Right Decision?
- Your Most Successful Semester In School
- What Have You Learned So Far From Your Time In College?
- A Part-Time Job You Took While In College
- Which Is The Worst Punishment You Received While In School?
- Best High School Prom Moment
- Your Worst Public Speaking Moment In College
TOPICS FOR REFLECTIVE ESSAY EXPLAINING SIGNIFICANT EVENTS
Both unique and ordinary events make up good reflective essay topics. Sometimes, it’s helpful to remember an event which happens regularly such as a birthday party. Reflect on how it changed or added meaning to your life. You could also write about rare occurrences like your wedding or a special vacation. Below are other impressive ideas:
- Holidays Such As Easter, Christmas, Valentines Or Chinese New Year
- A Visit To The Zoo Or Museum
- Doing Ordinary Events Like Laundry Or Having Some Friends Over During The Day
- A Birthday Party Attended
- Remodeling Your Apartment, House Or Street
- The Day When There Was No Water Or Electricity
- A Terrible Snowstorm Or Flood
- A Presentation Of Awards Ceremony, Play Or Concert
- Helping The Needy And Less Fortunate In The Society
- Shifting To A New Town Or City
- Moving To A Different School Or Starting A Brand-New Job
- Getting Your First Pay Check Or New Car
- A Time When You Got Lost
- Getting Married Or Engaged
- Going For A Special Date
- Eating A Dish You Didn’t Really Like
- Receiving An Unexpected Gift
- A Memorable Dream Or Nightmare
- The Day When You Stood Up For The Rights And Freedoms Of Someone Else
- A Time When You Felt Robbed And Victimized For Something You Believed In
With these good reflective essay topics, you can easily impress your readers. If you’re a student, these ideas will kick-start your journey towards getting quality grades. So, what are you waiting for? Quickly pick the topic that connects with your emotions and gift your audience with a well-researched and written paper!